COGNITUM is a J2EE development platform that enables the rapid design and deployment of business-oriented applications and web services based on directories and relational databases. Highly customized and flexible applications can be quickly delivered using a software layer contained in Cognitum that eliminates the programming complexities associated with accessing multiple heterogeneous physical data sources.
The primary goal of the platform is to address common business challenges, such as enhancing security, optimizing costs and improving productivity related to the management of user information, access control and provisioning of resources in large organizations.
The key characteristics of the COGNITUM platform can be summarized as follows:
- GUI-oriented J2EE development platform which enables rapid prototyping and iterative design facilities.
- Open and Scalable framework based on industry standard technologies (e.g. Java and XML), bringing therefore visibility and control over your business.
- Platform independent, thus being able to offer solutions to a wide range of business challenges, without restrictions imposed by the applications’ environment.
- SOA compliant framework, allowing easy integration with applications residing both inside and outside the COGNITUM platform.
- Internalization, offering a way to easily implement multi-language interfaces for the applications you develop with the aid of the COGNITUM framework.